Smart phones have become increasingly popular over the past couple of years for the ease of their use and the ability to surf the internet right at your fingertips. The possibilities are almost endless – you can look up directions, make reservations, shop, and check your bank account, among other things. It is very important to consider implementing smart phone marketing techniques if you want to keep up with the technology curve. A customer may be very interested in looking up important information about your company, but if they type in your website address and it leads to a desktop site, it could take an agonizingly long time for your site to load, not to mention difficult to navigate. Here are some tips for implementing mobile marketing in your overall marketing strategy:
- The layout of mobile sites can be (and should be) streamlined for easy navigation. Make sure the mobile site includes the relevant information that the customer will look for – for example, a store locator or contact information.
- When building a mobile site, make sure that you account for different devices and different screens. Also be sure to include both vertical and horizontal viewing for compatible phones.
- Using a mobile platform can be used for strategic marketing. Not all of your customers have a smart phone, but the ones who do may feel intrigued to do business with you if you have specials only found on mobile sites.
- Create a QR Code that links directly to your mobile site, or to a particular page on your site. This makes it very easy for a customer to find information without having to perform a search.
- Be sure to include the same branding elements on your mobile site that you use on your desktop website.
- While using a mobile site is easier, make sure you include a link to your desktop site as well, because the customer may be searching for information that is not provided on the mobile site.
- Apps are especially trendy right now for smart phone users, but you would have to develop a separate app to run on each type of smart phone that your customers may use. Creating a mobile site (with minor tweaks for different phone platforms) ensures all smart phone users will be able to use your site easily.
Should your company implement a mobile marketing strategy? If you are interested in targeting a large group of consumers of all ages, then you should probably consider it. As smart phone users continue to increase, your company could increase its web traffic and measure the effectiveness of your marketing techniques by going mobile.